Hip replacement surgery is basically a procedure in which a doctor surgically removes a painful hip with arthritis and replaces it with an artificial joint made up of metal and plastic components. It improves the functionality and mobility of the hip joint and relieves the patient from the pain. It is usually done when all treatment options have failed to provide pain relief.
You may undergo a surgery for Hip Replacement in Delhi due to some conditions as:
- Osteonecrosis- dead bone tissues due to insufficient blood supply
- Bone tumor in the hip areas
- Rheumatoid arthritis- chronic joint pain and swelling
you must be thinking that Is hip replacement surgery is safe or not? I just want to say that the technology has improved from all the time. As with any surgery, you may find some risks but instead, you prefer to relief and for that, you must do the surgery. Nerves in the hip area may be injured from swelling and can cause numbness but once you do the replacement, it will long last after the hip replacement surgery.
What you can expect during the procedure-
To perform a hip replacement, your surgeon:
- Makes an incision through the layers of tissue over the front and side of the hip.
- Removes diseased and damaged bone leaving healthy bone intact.
- Replaces the round ball which is on the top of your femur and place the prosthetic ball, which is then attached to a stem that fits into your thighbone.
After the procedure-
After the surgery, you will be moved to the recovery area and monitor your blood pressure, pulse, alertness, pain or comfort level. When you are completed with your surgery, you have increased the risk of blood clots in your legs.
Over time the techniques which are used for hip replacement have undergone change. There are the traditional as well as anterior hip replacement techniques. Both these approaches can be applied for almost all patients and are also successful. Technology has decreased the time period taken by the surgical and the recovery process.