Due to an accident or some other reasons hips can be fractured or injured can account for the intense pain. But thankfully due to the invention of modern technology hip replacement surgery can be done with the help of a skilled and well-trained Orthopaedicians. While performing hip replacement doctor removes painful hip joint most often with arthritis by applying surgical procedure. Hip replacement surgery is done by surgeons and replaced with an artificial joint made from metal and plastic components. This is usually done when all other treatment options have failed to provide relief from pain. The procedure relieves from the painful hip joint, making walking and standing easier.
Hip damage can be due to various reasons so, let’s have a look at the following:-
- Osteoarthritis: – This is characterised by wear-and-tear arthritis, which impairs slick cartilage which is referred to cover ends of bones and smooth movement of joints.
- Rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to be caused by an overactive immune system. This leads to erosion of cartilage which causes inflammation results in damaged and disabled joints.
- Osteonecrosis. During the medical condition of osteonecrosis insufficient supply of blood to the ball portion of the hip joint accounts for collapsing and deformity.
Doctors recommend for hip replacement surgery if hip pain is discomforting by analysing and examine following conditions probably:-
- If hip pain persists and triggers constantly, despite of popping pain medication
- Pain get worsen while walking, even with a walker or cane.
- Disturbs your sleep.
- Difficulty in go up or down stairs.
- Difficulty in standing from a seated position.
Before hip replacement surgery, orthopaedic surgeon can ask or examine following medical conditions. So, let’s have a look on the following:-
- Doctors will ask about the medical history and current medications
- Physical examination can be performed to inspect whether you are healthy or not for surgery.
- Examination of hip to monitor range of motion and strength of surrounding muscles.
- Other blood tests such as X-ray or MRI.
If you are looking for a surgeon for hip replacement surgery can take an appointment of Dr. Neelabh a senior Orthopaedician. For more details, you can visit the website www.healthybones.in.